Our Preferred Hosting Provider - Award Wining FileMaker Pro Hosting
    Downloads
    Uploads

Strange layout dropdown behavior on PC clients

The Scarpetta Group- our preferred FMT Forum Consultants
    We have a database that's used by PC and Mac clients, hosted on a mac server. The mac clients all have Filemaker on their computers and connect normally, while the PC users all connect with remote desktop. I'm only mentioning this because at first I thought this issue was a screen lag or some other wonky remote desktop issue. I have since ruled this out. Also, we've been running 12 since a little after release with little problems.

Recently, however, we have been noticing issues with selecting layouts from the layout dropdown menu. On the PC clients it seems that certain layouts work fine, while when you select other layouts from the dropdown you are not brought to the layout you selected but instead to the most recently created layout - even if this layout is hidden from the menu list.

This almost sounds like a directory error, but the mac clients can use the dropdown without issue. Also, I have checked the database for any consistency errors and have found none; the server has been restarted many times and the database opens without issues.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any ideas how to correct this? I would rather not make a dropdown list field if I can help it. Also, I have already checked the permissions for the layouts and am experiencing this issue even with an admin login. I can navigate to the layouts only from scripts or entering in layout mode.
    Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 420 days. information contained in it may no longer be current

FREE Member
    FileMaker Version
    FM 11 Developer, FM 11 Server, FM 12, FM 12 Developer, FM 12 Server
    OS
    Windows & Mac
    Skill Level
    Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Strange layout dropdown behavior on PC clients

This is a known Windows issue for the last several releases. Windows will only allow you to go directly to a layout from the drop down for the first 255 layouts after that it always takes you to the last layout.

You can either move all your common user layouts to the front of the pile or make Go to Layout buttons for them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Strange layout dropdown behavior on PC clients

Well, that sucks. Thanks for the reply!

Thread Information