Our Preferred 5 Star Hosting Provider - Award Wining FileMaker Pro Hosting
    FREE Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help want to create a set of static data entry fields that populates a dynamic tabl

Ok so here what i want to do

i have a need to log relevant medical history for a single patient record (each single patient record has a unique identifier)

some of these patients have multiple relevant medical histories/procedures that i need to record (an the number of relevant medical histories/procedures is variable for each patient obviously.

what i would like is the ability to have a standard set of fields

1. procedure
    2. start date
    3 continuing (yes/no)
    4. enddate
    5. comments

when i type into these feilds they export to table for that patient

1 pocedure start date continuing end date comments
    2 pocedure start date continuing end date comments
    3 pocedure start date continuing end date comments
    4 pocedure start date continuing end date comments

I think that this needs to use a portal and a related table but i am stuffed if i can figure out how to do this beyond a concept

any help much appreciated
    Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 420 days. information contained in it may no longer be current

FileMaker Version
    FM 9, FM 9 Server, FM 11, FM 11 Server, FM 12
    OS
    Windows & Mac
    Skill Level
    Intermediate
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Help want to create a set of static data entry fields that populates a dynamic t

Put your "standard set of fields" along with a patient ID field in a table (let's call it Procedures). Create a relationship Patients::PatientID =Procedures::Patient ID. On a layout based on your Patients table, create a portal to Procedures, sort it by start date, and populate it with your procedures fields.

The Procedures records don't really export to the patients table, they are merely viewed there via the portal.
    Give the gift of life. Register as an organ donor today!
    http://www.organdonor.gov/become.asp

FREE Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Help want to create a set of static data entry fields that populates a dynamic t

Thanks doughemi! I got it working using portals as you suggested. I have duplicated this for dug history and reaction/event history. See screenshot below.

What i now need to do is work out someway of showing the running total of entries per patient by reporting the running total of each time the patients unique ID(case safety report ID) occurs in the related table. Something i am currently struggling with, as you can see from the screenshot that shows a report of "0"

FileMaker Version
    FM 9, FM 9 Server, FM 11, FM 11 Server, FM 12
    OS
    Windows & Mac
    Skill Level
    Intermediate
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's getting late, but you should be able to create a layout based on the join table. In it, create a summary field =Count(ProcedureID) (--You DID create a procedure ID field when you built your Procedures table, I hope!). Place it in a Sub-Summary part when sorted by PatientID, along with PatientID, and if you wish, Patients::name. Then sort the table by PatientID and you should see the totals per patient. If you just want to see the totals, you can delete the body part of the layout.

As a Limited Access Member, you may not upload screenshots, so I cannot see what you are attempting to do. If my answer doesn't work for what you are after, please post again.
    Give the gift of life. Register as an organ donor today!
    http://www.organdonor.gov/become.asp

Thread Information