03-17-2017
    Local Date
    03-29-2017
    Local Time
    02:22 AM
    Last Active
    03-17-2017

Get Layout Objectattribute and webviewer

So i have a webviewer that pulls in a php page i had built that uses html 5 audio player. It works great. I click a button in filemaker and if the audio exists on our server it plays in webdirect through the webviewer. If the audio doesnt exists the php file echos back "Error: Invalid Path" or whatever i have the PHP file coded to do. In my FM script i have it coded so that if the GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "login" ; "content" ) gets the Error message echoed back from the php file and i can see it visually and i set it in a dialog box to show me the error if i get an error message echoed back.

Now in the client it works great with no issues but if i view all that in webdirect then what i see echo back in the webviewer is infact the error message i want but the GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "login" ; "content" ) script step that suppose to get the content of the webviewer is infact giving me the url instead. So in client it gives me the error message but in webdirect it gives me the url which i dont want cause it doesnt give me the message i wanna return to the user.

Why is that? And is there a way to get around that or is it a bug or what?

FMT Preferred FileMaker Consultant - Trainer jaymo67's Avatar
    FileMaker Pro Software
    FileMaker 15 Advanced
    OS
    Mac
    Skill Level
    Developer
    Last Post
    03-28-2017
    Local Date
    03-29-2017
    Local Time
    12:22 AM
    Last Active
    03-28-2017
    GetLayoutObjectAttribute works differently in WebDirect, returning a URL instead of the HTML code. The documentation says it returns the same value as the "source" parameter when used in WebDirect. Sorry, but you'll need to find an alternative solution. Have you tried the Insert from URL script step? It will insert the HTML code and is much more reliable than GetLayoutObjectAttribute, waiting for the page to completely load.
    FileMaker Developer for over two decades. Certified in FileMaker 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15.

Gold Member
    FileMaker Pro Software
    Filemaker 14
    OS
    Windows & Mac
    Skill Level
    Intermediate
    Last Post
    03-17-2017
    Local Date
    03-29-2017
    Local Time
    02:22 AM
    Last Active
    03-17-2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo67 View Post
    GetLayoutObjectAttribute works differently in WebDirect, returning a URL instead of the HTML code. The documentation says it returns the same value as the "source" parameter when used in WebDirect. Sorry, but you'll need to find an alternative solution. Have you tried the Insert from URL script step? It will insert the HTML code and is much more reliable than GetLayoutObjectAttribute, waiting for the page to completely load.

Thank you! Didn't see that part of working the same. I just tried the insert from url for webdirect and it works exactly like i wanted. Thanks again for your help.

Thread Information