Our Preferred 5 Star Hosting Provider - Award Wining FileMaker Pro Hosting
    FREE Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

The maximum number of users allowed to connect to this server has been exceeded.

I'm hoping somebody can help me out.

I'm currently using FileMaker Pro 8 and i'm trying to share one database using instant web publishing over a home network.

I have managed to get everything to work fine but my problem is when I try to access that information over my network IP address i get this message.

The maximum number of users allowed to connect to this server has been exceeded.

However there are no users connected to the database. I have tried closing and reopening filemaker and no luck, i have restarted my pc no luck as well.

What could be the problem??

Thanks
    Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 420 days. information contained in it may no longer be current

FREE Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: The maximum number of users allowed to connect to this server has been exceeded.

does anybody have an answer for this?

FREE Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: The maximum number of users allowed to connect to this server has been exceeded.

I have had this problem occationally when I log on. It seems to happen when something is runnng in the backround of my computer. Sometimes a large download, such as a Microsoft update. I think it may have something to do with the timing of log on. check to see if you have too many processes running in the backround when you try to log on.

Ron

FREE Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just had the same problem. In my case the computer clock in the server Mac had been reset to 1970. Once I set the time right my problems went away.

Best! / Matts

FREE Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Matts I View Post
    I just had the same problem. In my case the computer clock in the server Mac had been reset to 1970. Once I set the time right my problems went away.

Best! / Matts
    Has anyone found the cause and solution to this? If so, would appreciate the info!
    Navin Siddhi

Senior Moderator - FMT Preferred Developer Consultant - Netherlands, Europe, Asia, USA Maarten Witberg's Avatar
    FileMaker Version
    FM 10 Developer, FM 10 Server, FM 11, FM 11 Developer, FM 11 Server, FM 12, FM 12 Developer, FM 12 Server, Older Versions 2-8
    OS
    Windows & Mac
    Skill Level
    Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads

your clock battery is dead, you need to replace it. btw this is a thread from 2006....
    Stick to what you don't know.

http://www.maartenwitberg.nl

-------

Thread Information