This week's featured FileMaker Tool is Camp Softwares FMClips. Get your copy now! FMClips lets you rapidly copy and paste reusable script steps, layout objects, fields, and more into your FileMaker database.
We made FMClips for our own use so we didn’t have to recreate ‘chunks’ of script steps over and over. It’s saved us so much time and we thought you might want to use FMClips as well! Now we’re also storing Layout Objects and Fields in FMClips that we use over and over…
FMClips is a unlocked FileMaker database that uses the free Clipboard Explorer plugin from Dracoventions.com. Be sure to check out the Developer Assistant too. Both products have saved us countless hours finding text in our FileMaker database scripts, tables and fields!
- App – Evernote – Create Note – Script Steps
- Custom Dialog – Buttons – Script Steps
- Custom Dialog – User Input Fields – Script Steps
- Custom Dialog Fields – Fields
- CustomList – Get IDs into Var – Script Steps
- Fields with Repeat – Fields
- Find – Simple – Script Steps
- Loop – Records – Script Steps
- Loop – Records with Progress Bar – Script Steps
- Loop – Variables – Script Steps
- Loop – Variables with Progress Bar – Script Steps
- Loop Progress Bar 101×26 – Layout Object
- ParseData – Custom Function
- Print Preview Simple – Script Steps
- Sort by 1 Field Asc, Dec – Script Steps
- Validation Template – Script Steps
- Window – New with 20px Offset – Script Steps
Share your clips!
- Updated for FileMaker 12. Fixed Layout Object clips and Entire Script clips.
- Updated to automatically convert Clips containing ‘<dummy>’ tags to tags compatible with Clipboard Explorer. The beginning and ending tags are changed and the leading xml tag is also added.
- Modifed the Clip XML to make it easier to read. [Peter Vinogradov]
- Added a Clip description field. [Peter Vinogradov]
- Renamed buttons to make purpose clearer. [Peter Vinogradov]
Questions and Answers
Latest from Keefer Rogers
- FileMaker Crosstab Reports with Demo File Download
- FmPro Script Diff 1.72 Adds FileMaker 15, PDF & Unicode Diff Features
- LaunchIt FileMaker Module for Developers to Share Files with Clients
- FileMaker integration with Zendesk by Goya's Salvatore Colangelo
- Jump Start with FileMaker Starter Solutions - uLearnIt