During the past few months we have had numerous questions on a good send email plugin for FileMaker...with that said here is one of the best... MMEmail is a user-friendly send email plug-in for FileMaker Pro. It is different than other email plug-ins in the sense that it does most of the work for both the end user and the developer.
MMEmail has a built in email window which allows the end user to compose an email message as if they were using a normal email client. From within the email window, you can set the To, Subject, and Body, as well as Attach up to 3 files. You can use a definable menu of email addresses to populate the To field. The Subject and Body of your message can contain Merge Fields to grab information from the current record before sending the message. Merge Fields can be inserted easily with a Contextual Menu. You can select Attachments via a file dialog as well as select Container Fields from a menu. When you click the Send button, the email window can automatically send the message, or store entered values for use with the non-window email function.
The non-window email function is as simple as it can be, only requiring a To and Subject with an optional Body and/or up to 3 Attachments. It's very easy to write calculations to send email with this plug-in. Beginning with version 1.1 is a FileMaker Server Edition of the plug-in. The Server Edition can be installed on FileMaker Server to be used with Scheduled Scripts and/or FileMaker Server Advanced to be used with Web Publishing. For more information about the Server Edition of MMEmail, please see the ReadMe file included in the MMEmail Server Edition download.
As with our popular SMTPit Pro plug-in, you do not need an additional email client to send email because MMEmail sends directly to your mail server.
How does MMEmail compare with SMTPit Pro? We have compiled a comparison chart between SMTPit Pro, MMEmail, and FileMaker's built-in Send Mail. The chart is broken down into several categories including: Email Window Dialog, Attachments, File Functions, Status Dialog, HTML Features, Email Headers, Utilities, and General Features.
- Add HTML Formatting with Inline Attachments to Email Sent from FileMaker Here's how:
- Outlook Manipulator v7 with Exchange Functionality and Office 2016 Compatibility
- FMT Featured Plugin SMTPit Pro Next Generation Email plug-in
- SMTPit Pro 4.5.1 Released — All New Version including 64-bit
- Dotleft FileMaker Email Solution Free! Free! and Free!
Latest from Keefer Rogers
- FileMaker Crosstab Reports with Demo File Download
- FmPro Script Diff 1.72 Adds FileMaker 15, PDF & Unicode Diff Features
- LaunchIt FileMaker Module for Developers to Share Files with Clients
- FileMaker integration with Zendesk by Goya's Salvatore Colangelo
- Jump Start with FileMaker Starter Solutions - uLearnIt