FileMaker, Inc. has released FileMaker Server 12.0v6, which adds support for OS X Mavericks and is for installation on OS X Mavericks only. FileMaker Server 13 includes support for OS X Mavericks.
FileMaker Server 12.0v6 is for installation on OS X Mavericks only.
Note: When you upgrade your server’s operating system, you must reinstall FileMaker Server. Because this software is for OS X Mavericks, it is a full installer rather than an updater.
Updates in FileMaker Server 12.0v6
The FileMaker Server 12.0v6 adds support for OS X Mavericks and is for installation on OS X Mavericks only.
For the latest information, see the FileMaker Knowledge Base:
- Due to an issue in Java 7, FileMaker Server 12.0v6 running on OS X Mavericks cannot send email notifications. For information on the Java 7 issue, visit http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7180557
- For the “Enable access restrictions” setting on the General Settings > Admin Console tab, do not enter localhost or 127.0.0.1 to restrict access to the localhost address. If you set “Enable access restrictions” to the localhost address, you may prevent Admin Console from launching on any system.
- On OS X Mavericks, you cannot use the system’s Activity Monitor to sample FileMaker Server 12.0v6 processes.
For the FileMaker API for PHP, you may see “PHP Strict Standard” or “PHP Notice” error messages on OS X Mavericks. To correct this issue, edit the PHP.ini file to set the following:
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT& ~E_NOTICE
Note: After editing the PHP.ini file, you must restart the web server. Either use Apache commands to restart the web server, or restart the system that runs the web server (the master machine in a singlemachine deployment or the worker machine in a two-machine deployment).
Who should use this software?
Use this software if you have any of the configurations listed below.
|Use This Installer||Languages|
FileMaker Server 12
FileMaker Server 12 Advanced
FileMaker Server 12.0v6 installer for OS X 10.9
Installation Instructions (OS X 10.9 and OS X 10.9 with OS X Server)
To ensure a smooth installation, disable virus detection software before applying the update, and re-enable it after you are finished.
Before running the installer
- Disconnect all clients and close all files.
- In the FileMaker Server Admin Console, stop Web Publishing and the Database Server.
- Quit the FileMaker Server Admin Console and the Start Page, if they are running.
Uninstall your current version of FileMaker Server
- See FileMaker Server 12 Getting Started Guide, chapter 5, “Upgrading or moving an existing installation,” for detailed instructions on uninstalling FileMaker Server.
Restart the machine after uninstalling FileMaker Server.
Note: After uninstalling FileMaker Server 12, you must restart your system before installing FileMaker Server 12.0v6. If you do not restart your system, you may see “Database not found” or “Database not available” messages with FileMaker Server 12.0v6.
Install the new software
1. See FileMaker Server 12 Getting Started Guide, chapter 5, “Upgrading or moving an existing installation,” for detailed instructions on installing FileMaker Server.
2. Double-click the FileMaker Server 12 installer.
3. After the installation has completed, verify the version has been updated:
a. Open the FileMaker Server 12 Admin Console Start Page.
b. Under Software Update, the Current Installed Version should now start with 12.0.6.
If, after following the steps above, you are still unable to install FileMaker Server 12.0v6, contact FileMaker Customer Support for assistance.
The latest news and press releases from FMI. FileMaker is the leader in easy-to-use database software. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world's largest companies, rely on the FileMaker Platform to manage, analyze and share essential information using iPads, iPhones, Windows, Mac and the web. FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple.Website: www.filemaker.com
Latest from FileMaker Inc
- FMI's Why Go Custom - Today April 5, 2016 - 10AM and 11AM CDT
- FileMaker Training Series Webinar - Relationships Session - one-to-many and many-to-many relationships and more
- 2016 FileMaker DevCon Early Bird discount registration opens today
- FileMaker Server 13.0v1a now available
- FileMaker Server 13.0v1 — OpenSSL hotfix now available