Fresh today from our FMT Forum...The role of the FileMaker Pro developer is to lead the design, development, implementation and support of several custom, integrated FileMaker Pro solutions. The FileMaker Developer/Administrator will work closely with the Network Operations workgroup, and will have a range of responsibilities, including database administration, feature design and development, end user training, application support, and troubleshooting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for development on FileMaker Pro 14 based solutions used throughout the organization.
- Creating UI layouts directly in FM development environment, scripting, and creating or modifying fields, calculations, tables and relationships.
- Work with pre-design solutions to support business objectives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Provide technical support and documentation.
- Assist in the implementation of new technologies and architecture.
- Training new staff on use of the database, and providing ongoing application support to end users.
- Other duties as they arise related to the needs of the development of the database.
- Update information, analyze, and collate data from automatic and manually generated sources.
- Prepare reports from database information in support of company programs, projects, and internal requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your resume will not be considered without FileMaker experience. You must be able to provide samples of past FileMaker work to demonstrate abilities. This is an in-house position. Must be highly proficient with FileMaker Pro in order to develop highly complex database applications. Knowledge of, as well as a thorough understanding of the full FileMaker platform.
Applicants who require telecommuting or who are offshore vendors will not be considered.
- Must have a curious nature with a strong desire to improve business processes through better use of technology.
- Must have the ability to organize and facilitate user meetings to assist with gathering requirements and translating them into technical specifications.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate project status on a regular basis, with a commitment to the project timeline and deadlines, and the ability to anticipate potential obstacles to project success.
- Understanding of fundamental networking concepts
- Working knowledge of scripting, XML, SQL/My SQL, ODBC
- Pre-employment Background Check & Drug Testing
- Telecom, Satcom, or Network Management experience
Latest from Keefer Rogers
- FileMaker Crosstab Reports with Demo File Download
- FmPro Script Diff 1.72 Adds FileMaker 15, PDF & Unicode Diff Features
- LaunchIt FileMaker Module for Developers to Share Files with Clients
- FileMaker integration with Zendesk by Goya's Salvatore Colangelo
- Jump Start with FileMaker Starter Solutions - uLearnIt