FMDroid is the first native Android™ app designed for accessing FileMaker® databases. FMDroid uses the FileMaker XML gateway of the Web Publishing Engine of FileMaker Server to retrieve information from your FileMaker databases.
Download the app here http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smefworks.android.fmdroid. Check the Quick Setup Guide for basic setup information for FMDroid.
FMDroid allows you to:
- Enter and Save your Favorite Server
- Select From Available Databases
- Chose your Layout
- View, Find, Sort, and Edit Records
- Download Container Data
- Run Scripts (including plugins on the FMS WPE)
Fields from layouts that you create in FileMaker are automatically displayed in FMDroid in a phone-friendly manner. Field order is preserved, but the GUI of your FileMaker layouts, such as colors, buttons, tabs, and styling are not displayed in FMDroid.
Developers can control access to the layouts and scripts that FMDroid users have access to through layout naming conventions. Read the FMDroid Developers Guide for information about how to configure your database to control the layouts and scripts users see when they access your databases so that they are not overwhelmed with the number of available layouts and scripts.
FMDroid uses the FileMaker Server XML gateway, which will track your found set, but not the record that is being browsed in FMDroid. Because of this, special considerations must be taken when writing scripts which will be executed by FMDroid users to make sure that the script is executed on the correct record.
One advantage of FMDroid accessing the FMS Web Publishing Engine is that you can use the added functionality of plugins in your scripts. This means that you can use plugins like 360Works Plastic to run credit card charges (make sure to use SSL!) and RemoteScripter to generate PDF documents. With plugins on your FMS you could use FMDroid to capture a customer's contact information, make an order, add line items to the order, charge the customer's card, and then generate, download, and email a PDF!
- FileMaker WebViewer Editor - Self Learning Tool for Webviewer Coding
- SimpleFM v 1.0 – A Composer and Laravel 5 friendly PHP package for interacting with hosted FileMaker data
- Sync FileMaker and WordPress in 5 Simple Steps
- FileMaker Google Calendar Integration
- FileMaker Pop-up Trick w/ Demo: Fixed vertical zone in List View
Latest from Keefer Rogers
- Last Chance! The Ultimate FileMaker Developer Advertising Package
- FmPro Script Diff 1.72 Adds FileMaker 15, PDF & Unicode Diff Features
- LaunchIt FileMaker Module for Developers to Share Files with Clients
- FileMaker integration with Zendesk by Goya's Salvatore Colangelo
- Jump Start with FileMaker Starter Solutions - uLearnIt