Fremont, California - .com Solutions Inc. has released FmPro Migrator Developer Edition 7.58 with support for FileMaker Pro Advanced 14 merge database projects. This release supports FileMaker Pro Advanced 11,12,13,14 on Mac OS X and Windows.
FileMaker developers can use the Merge Database/Table Consolidation process to upgrade older multi-file solutions into easier to maintain FileMaker Pro 14 single file solutions. Upgrading to FileMaker Pro 14 also offers developers the opportunity to take advantage of the latest design, development and security features included with FileMaker Pro Advanced 14 and FileMaker Server 14. Performance testing of FmPro Migrator with FileMaker Pro Advanced 14 includes the following results on MacOS X:
- 5100 per hour - TOs Creation
- 616 per hour - Relationship Creation
- 1200 per hour - Custom Function Creation
- 2880 per hour - Value List Creation
- 401 per hour - Layout Importing
- 401 per hour - Layout Creation - Pass #1
- 2940 per hour - Script Creation
- 870 per hour - Layout Creation - Pass #2 (Replacing contents of existing layouts, to resolve dependencies between layouts and scripts)
As a service to the FileMaker community, .com Solutions Inc. has released the FileMaker automation AppleScript code as open source software. In addition to the AppleScript source file, a LiveCode test harness stack is also provided. The test harness stack includes AppleScript handler source code embedded within LiveCode handlers. The code is executed using the LiveCode "do as AppleScript" command. The dynamic compilation of AppleScript code prevents dependencies associated with a specific version of FileMaker software, which would occur if an AppleScript app or applet had been used. The AppleScript code and LiveCode testing stack are available for download from the File menu in FmPro Migrator, and are available in the commercial and demo versions of FmPro Migrator at no cost.
On Windows, FmPro Migrator utilizes a compiled WinAutomation job, which installs and runs automatically to perform GUI automation tasks (except for relationship creation on FileMaker Pro Advanced 14).
FileMaker to SQL Server conversions now include usability improvements and Unicode compatibility thru the use of NVARCHAR/NVARCHAR(MAX) columns. SQL Server developers who use the SA account during the data transfer process will find that FmPro Migrator writes the converted tables into the SQL Server dbo schema, instead of requiring the manual creation of a new schema.
Additional changes with this release include:
PHP Conversion Changes:
- Fixed an issue with the Inactive Checkbox value not being written when the Admin user updates a user's login account info.
- Added a "Forgot Password?" button to the login.ctp file.
.NET Conversion Changes:
- Improved the generation of VB and C# code for situations in which the controls in the original database are not data bound. These controls will now reference a Placeholder_Table/Placeholder_Field to prevent errors in Visual Studio.
- Improved the FileMaker GUI automation processing on Windows by using PowerShell instead of VBScript to find the version number of the currently running copy of FileMaker Pro Advanced.
- Fixed issues with the automated creation of scripts and Relationships on MacOSX and Windows with prior versions of FileMaker Pro Advanced.
- Added support for parsing of FileMaker 14 Script Steps when reading scripts from clipboard.
- Updated SQL Server table creation SQL to use NVARCHAR and NVARCHAR(MAX) in place of VARCHAR and TEXT column types for Unicode compatibility. To insure full UTF8 support, hold down the shift key when transferring data and make sure that the FileMaker ODBC driver Advanced Language feature is configured for UTF8. The NVARCHAR(MAX) column type is compatible going back to SQL Server 2008.
- When using the SQL Server sa account, no schema needs to be created because FmPro Migrator will write the tables into the dbo schema.
- Added a feature to automatically create the SQL Server schema when creating the database table, if the table cannot be created due to the lack of a schema name matching the login name.
- FmPro Migrator application and its components are now digitally signed with a Comodo digital code signing certificate on Windows and an Apple Developer Certificate on MacOSX.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Buy FmPro Migrator Developer Edition software with confidence.
FileMaker Merge Database & Table Conversion Feature
Download FmPro Migrator
YouTube Channel (Mac OS X)
YouTube Channel (Windows)
Founded in 1999 by David Simpson in Sunny California, .com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker Pro, SQLite, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, OpenBase, PostgreSQL, FrontBase, Valentina, VB6, LiveCode and Visual FoxPro developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker Pro scripts. SQLite Diff compares SQLite database schema and data. Copyright (C) 1999-2015 .com Solutions Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.