FMT Newswire - Fremont, California - .com Solutions Inc. today is pleased to announce the release of FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition 7.81 with support for LiveCode 8 widgets as part of the LiveCode conversion feature. This feature supports the automated conversion of FileMaker, Microsoft Access and Visual FoxPro database applications into cross platform LiveCode apps.
LiveCode is a cross platform development environment supporting 7 different deployment platforms: Windows, MacOS X, Linux, Server, IOS, Android and HTML5 (under development). All platforms share the Very High Level LiveCode Script Language. Each English word or phrase describes something that typically takes from a few lines to hundreds of lines of code in other languages. LiveCode Script is event driven and either object based (by attaching code to each object) or object oriented (if you use behaviors to share object code).
LiveCode 8 also includes LiveCode Builder. LiveCode Builder is a lower level systems language that allows the creation of LiveCode objects and direct access to any API, platform specific feature or library written in another language. It is possible to quickly wrap any API then expose the results to LiveCode Script.
FmPro Migrator 7.81 adds support for creating new LiveCode 8 widgets when performing a conversion project where the LiveCode version has been selected as version 8. Supported widgets include: Segmented (replacing the tab control), Push Button (replacing the legacy button object), and the Line Graph (in place of FileMaker Charts).
FmPro Migrator 7.81 not only supports the creation of LiveCode 8 apps, but has been built with LiveCode 8 - taking advantage of new widgets and commands in this release. The new LiveCode 8 segmented widget improves the display of the navigation bar across the top of each window. The segmented widget gives FmPro Migrator a more consistent look and color scheme across different platforms.
The addition of the new LiveCode 8 rawClipboardData command greatly improves the usability of clipboard functionality. This enhancement means that the FmPro Migrator application can now run from a locked volume, in case it was not fully extracted from the downloaded ZIP or DMG file.
Additional enhancements with this release include:
* Added a new LiveCode version menu to the LiveCode Conversion feature. Choosing the version (6,7,8) saves the new stack in the requested version and adds features appropriate to the version.
* Added a new preference item to LiveCode conversions to disable the card-level scripting in the generated stack file. This option enables developers to get a quick look at the objects created on each card from the original layout/form/report of the source project. No errors will be displayed when navigating between cards due to there not being a database available for instance. This change is likely to be helpful to Visual FoxPro developers who want to convert legacy apps into LiveCode.
* Added a new LiveChat button to the main window, making it easier to request technical assistance.
* PHP conversion projects include improved Unicode encoding within the saved PHP files, and escaping of layout/form names.
Note: Upgrading an .fp7 file to the .fmp12 file format makes it possible for FmPro Migrator to more accurately gather the list of Portal fields.
Pricing and Availability:
FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition is available immediately and is priced at ($600) per developer. You can build an unlimited number of applications having up to 250 forms/reports/layouts with FmPro Migrator during the term of the license key. There is a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Buy FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition software with confidence.
LiveCode Conversion Feature
Download FmPro Migrator
YouTube Video (LiveCode)
Founded in 1999 by David Simpson in Sunny California, .com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker Pro, SQLite, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, OpenBase, PostgreSQL, FrontBase, Valentina, VB6, LiveCode and Visual FoxPro developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker Pro scripts. SQLite Diff compares SQLite database schema and data. Copyright (C) 1999-2016 .com Solutions Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Latest from Keefer Rogers
- FileMaker Crosstab Reports with Demo File Download
- FmPro Script Diff 1.72 Adds FileMaker 15, PDF & Unicode Diff Features
- LaunchIt FileMaker Module for Developers to Share Files with Clients
- FileMaker integration with Zendesk by Goya's Salvatore Colangelo
- Jump Start with FileMaker Starter Solutions - uLearnIt