FMT Newswire SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 9, 2016 -Today FileMaker, Inc. announced the release of the first in a three-part series of free how-to guides that will lead teams through the process of building a custom app using the FileMaker Platform. Organizations of all sizes are embracing the power of apps to drive output, increase efficiency and streamline workloads. Designed to meet the unique business needs of teams, custom apps enable team members to securely access information at any time and from any place.
Custom apps can be developed in virtually any size organization but are very often done by small teams that consist of fewer than 20-25 people, be it entire small businesses or teams within larger companies. FileMaker's new how-to guides provide a step-by-step process that starts with a comprehensive planning cycle covering goals, requirements, functionality and usability.
Here’s your best path to a successful custom app:
Good planning guarantees that you’ll build a custom app that meets your business goals and delights your users. Get started today with our free eBook - Plan: Your first steps towards creating a successful custom app.
- Easy to follow introduction to app development
- Step by step guide for mapping out the functionality you need for your custom app
- Templates you can use
Checklist of things to consider as you start your project
- Designing apps step-by-step: Apps should be designed with the user in mind. To accomplish this goal, FileMaker's Custom App How-to Guides demystify the process of building successful apps using the FileMaker Platform. Planning sets the stage for a successful development process.
- A successful plan includes: Evaluating goals, identifying user scenarios and defining requirements, and addressing integration, security and deployment.
Ann Monroe, senior director of marketing, FileMaker, Inc.
"Imagine how you could transform your business with custom apps, running over iPads and iPhones, that meet the unique needs of your business. The best practices in these guides make this happen by helping teams plan, create and deploy their first custom app."
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker, Inc., an Apple subsidiary, delivers simply powerful software for easily creating custom apps that work seamlessly across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web. Business teams use the FileMaker Platform to streamline their operational processes, boosting overall productivity. www.filemaker.com
Latest from FileMaker Newswire
- New Version: xmCHART 4.0.5 Filemaker plugin for charts business, science data
- FileMaker Names Ann Monroe to Vice President, Marketing
- 360Works FileMaker Zulu - Syncing 2.5 Million Calendar Events Everyday
- New! ccPivot 3 – The Power of Pivot Tables for FileMaker
- Adatasol FileMaker Podcast: Mike Beargie of MainSpring discusses his session for PauseOnError