PrinterSwitch is a FileMaker Pro 14 plug-in for Windows and Mac that allows you to easily control printer switching from within your FileMaker solutions. Moreover, PrinterSwitch also allows automatic PDF creation from within FileMaker without the need for a third-party PDF printer driver. The name and destination of the PDF can both be set from within your solution.
What’s new in version 3.0?
- Full support for 64-bit architecture on both OS X and Windows
- Now integrates new version 5.0 of the Amyuni PDF driver
- Full support for Microsoft Windows 10
- Switch printers on the fly from within your FileMaker application
- Send dynamic FileMaker output to PDF, using the filename and location of your choice
- Select any printer driver that is installed on your system
- Capture printer settings like page orientation, paper size etc. and restore them at the time of printing.
- On Mac OS X, does not require the use of AppleScript or Printer Setup, and does not affect the status of your default printer
- On Windows, a PDF printer driver is part of our PrinterSwitch plug-in package, so the purchase of a separate driver is not needed (on Mac OS X, this functionality is built into the OS)
- Printer selection can easily be implemented in your application on a per user basis, or e.g. per department or office
- PDF functionality also works in FileMaker runtime solutions
Latest from Keefer Rogers
- FmPro Script Diff 1.72 Adds FileMaker 15, PDF & Unicode Diff Features
- LaunchIt FileMaker Module for Developers to Share Files with Clients
- FileMaker integration with Zendesk by Goya's Salvatore Colangelo
- Jump Start with FileMaker Starter Solutions - uLearnIt
- LearningFileMaker.com releases Video Training for Startups and Entrepreneurs