San Diego, CA – April 22, 2013 – Productive Computing, Inc., a Platinum member of the FileMaker Business Alliance, today announced the opening of a new FileMaker® Pro hosting data center in New York, NY to service customers in the Northeast region of the United States.
“Our combination of fast, reliable and strategically located servers coupled with a personalized customer service approach provides a differentiation in the marketplace. We have the expertise, the infrastructure, and the availability to service our customers in the way they expect a premier service provider to service them. Our commitment to continually improving our offerings and honing our skills in order to produce consistent and excellent customer experiences is a hallmark of what our brand has strived to represent.” —Marc Larochelle, CEO, Productive Computing, Inc.
FileMaker Pro hosting services allow customers to host FileMaker databases or solutions on Productive Computing servers in the cloud. All the necessary server infrastructure and software is maintained by PCI and kept up-to-date for optimum performance.
Watch the video below for information on FileMaker database hosting benefits:
FileMaker Hosting Differences You Can Count On:
While there are many choices out there for hosting a FileMaker Pro database, keeping things focused and simple to efficiently accomplish your hosting needs is our philosophy. Here are some things that make Productive Computing, Inc.’s FileMaker Pro database hosting service different:
- We are a large FileMaker Platinum development firm with extensive expert knowledge of all things FileMaker (not just a hosting company who may or may not know how FileMaker works under the hood).
- We have physical servers with SSD drives (nothing virtual, nothing outdated) and as a result have read/write times faster than traditional hard drives.
- We don’t overload our servers with too many files or customers and we always use the latest version of FileMaker Server and OS security patches after we have tested them.
- We perform local backups, twice daily backups to a physical attached drive, and to the cloud. That gives us 3 points of redundancy for disaster recovery and up to 30 days of data as well as weekly and monthly snapshots.
- We provide a weekly DropBox backup (more often if needed) for those customers who want the peace of mind to know their data is at their fingertips. No cumbersome FTP programs are required to get at your data should you need it.
- We provide direct FileMaker Server admin console access for users on FileMaker 12 where they can close and open files, download files, etc. We can provide direct access to FileMaker 11 Server admin as well for developers who request it.
- We provide a unique Instant Web Publishing (IWP) scenario that will auto redirect IWP users to a web page of your choosing upon IWP time out or IWP log out. We developed this technology here in-house and it’s truly one of a kind.
- Distance from the server to the client is a big factor which is why we are continuing to invest in our infrastructure by putting servers in all corners of the country.
Various FileMaker hosting server locations also provide a foundation for Software as a Service (SaaS) product subscriptions. Products including Core4 CRM, Core3 CRM, Core2 CRM, and FM Work Orders are available to customers for a monthly fee under SaaS.
Sign up for a FREE 30 day trial of FileMaker Database hosting or SaaS today!
About Productive Computing, Inc.
Since 1996, Productive Computing, Inc. has been helping its customers become more efficient and profitable by implementing custom software solutions using FileMaker Pro. Utilizing FileMaker Pro as a rapid application development tool, their certified FileMaker developers can create custom applications that a business can run on their Windows or Macintosh desktop computers, in a web browser, on an iPad or iPhone or shared simultaneously on all of these platforms.
Productive Computing, Inc. also produces several off-the-shelf productivity solutions such as Core4 CRM, Core3 CRM, Core2 CRM, Core2 Invoices, FM Work Orders, OrgPlanner, Music Director Pro and IT Asset Manager as well as a suite of FileMaker Pro plug-ins that allow FileMaker Pro to integrate with third party applications including Outlook, QuickBooks, Apple’s Address Book and iCal, PDF forms, credit card processing, digital signatures and biometric fingerprint scanners.
In addition to building custom and off-the-shelf FileMaker Pro solutions and plug-ins, Productive Computing, Inc. is a full service FileMaker Pro hosting company. FileMaker hosting services allow customers to host their own FileMaker Pro solutions on Productive Computing servers in the cloud instead of purchasing and supporting the necessary server infrastructure themselves. These same servers also provide the infrastructure for customers who would prefer to subscribe to Productive Computing’s Core4 CRM, Core3 CRM, Core2 CRM, and FM Work Orders products under a SaaS (Software as a Service) pricing model.
Productive Computing, Inc. is one of only a few companies in the United States to have earned the highly respected platinum level membership within the FileMaker Business Alliance and recently won the exclusive FileMaker Business Alliance “Partner of the Year” award.
Productive Computing, Inc.
950 Boardwalk, Suite 205
San Marcos, CA 92078
Productive Computing, Inc.
From left to right Keith Larochelle, CFO and
Marc Larochelle, CEO
Since 1996 our mission has been to help our customers utilize technology to make their operations more organized and efficient. Our trained and certified staff listen to the issues our customers want to fix, accomplish or avoid and we apply a common sense business approach that provides the highest return on investment.
How It All Started:
Founded by two brothers from a small town in New Hampshire, Marc and Keith Larochelle moved to California to create a software company. Within 5 short years they built exactly that and it is one of the premier FileMaker Pro development firms and product manufacturers within industry. But don’t take our word for it, in 2001 this distinctive accomplishment was marked by the company earning the highly respected and exclusive Platinum level membership within the FileMaker Business Alliance. This title, held only by a select few companies in the world, has been maintained continually since then and is reviewed annually by FileMaker, Inc. to ensure only the highest caliber expertise and most honest and trustworthy companies hold the title.
What Sets Us Apart:
We have spent years refining our business processes to meet our customers high expectations – and continue to do so. We have assembled the finest team of developers, consultants and admin staff who work together to bring years of collective experience and training to bear on a customer project. We have developed one of the most comprehensive suites of business products and services to address almost any customer technology requirement. With all these differentiating factors, skills and tools available at our immediate disposal, we are able to take the best tool to hone in and solve customer problems.
Who We Serve:
Our customers range from the 5 person small office to entire divisions in fortune 500 enterprises. What is common to each of them is that they are all looking for a solution to a problem that saves or makes more money than it costs and that is what we deliver no matter what size the customer is.