Scanning barcodes in FileMaker is very easy. We can use a barcode scanner as keybord input or in FM Go we can even use the iPhone's camera to scan barcodes and put the result directly in one of our fields. But generating the barcodes was not that easy... till now!
Meet the EasyBarcode custom function. Yes, its just a custom function! In fact, the only two things you need is the custom function and a webviewer!
Check the example file for the custom function.
This is what you do:
1. Place a webviewer on your layout.
2. Put the EasyBarcode custom function in the webviewer.
3. Pass a value to the EasyBarcode custom function. ( You probably want to feed it a field value )
Easy but Powerful
How it works?
Latest from Keefer Rogers
- FileMaker integration with Zendesk by Goya's Salvatore Colangelo
- Jump Start with FileMaker Starter Solutions - uLearnIt
- LearningFileMaker.com releases Video Training for Startups and Entrepreneurs
- FileMaker 15 Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Video Training from John Mark Osborne
- FileMaker Lesson for Context Reports From Vince Menanno