What's in Wakanda?
A visual designer for your datastore and front end, as well as code editor.
Design visually for just about any front-end, of any size.
- Design your datastore classes. Create your business logic. Draw up your GUI. Secure your application. All visually. With Wakanda, even the most complex data structures are manageable. Click, drag, and draw relations between classes.
- Enrich your UI with the power of HTML5 and CSS3. Build widgets specially for your functions and data elements on the server.
- To address security, you can add users and groups with passwords. Assign permissions to your groups. Then apply those permissions to your application resources, like datastore model classes and methods.
- And with just one click, your new application is loaded onto Wakanda Server, ready to test and execute.
A super-rapid datastore and HTTP server, it's a home for all your app's business logic.
All your data. In real time.
Widgets and the fast, standards-based datasources that feed them.
Browser apps that look and act like native apps.
While Wakanda Server does much of the “heavy lifting” in order to provide a fast back end for your applications, it requires an advanced framework on the client side to keep things running smoothly. The Wakanda Framework is comprised of a data provider to communicate with the server, interface widgets for the browser-based front end, and a datasource layer that comes in between.
Licensing and Pricing
In addition to an open source option (see below), Wakanda is available with commercial licensing based on annual per-developer (development licenses) and per-server (deployment licenses) basis. Several options are available, with paid support options at various levels.
Open source community
Wakanda is also available under an open source Community license, intended for development of open source solutions. The growing Wakanda community has a home on Wakanda.org and its forum, as well as projects on GitHub. Paid support options are also available for those using Wakanda under the Community license.
Latest from Keefer Rogers
- FileMaker Crosstab Reports with Demo File Download
- FmPro Script Diff 1.72 Adds FileMaker 15, PDF & Unicode Diff Features
- LaunchIt FileMaker Module for Developers to Share Files with Clients
- FileMaker integration with Zendesk by Goya's Salvatore Colangelo
- Jump Start with FileMaker Starter Solutions - uLearnIt