Mark Richman, Skeleton Key, hosted this FM Academy webinar on 8/16/2016, 1pm (CT) via GoToWebinar. If you'd like to see the slide-presentation, you can find it here: https://www.skeletonkey.com/wp-conten...
A quick survey of the software development landscape can be quite revealing. Most platforms have annual conferences, like the annual FileMaker Developer Conference, where developers and customers come together to explore what’s new, and what’s old, in the platform they know and love. Despite the differences between these various platforms, similar topics appear on the conference schedules:
• User Experience (UX)
• User Interface (UI)
• The Cloud
… and my favorite (AND the topic of this webinar):
It should come as no surprise that performance is a frequent topic at these conferences, as all software platforms require optimization if they want to perform well at scale, for mobile users, and when moving around potentially large amounts of data.
Watch this FM Academy webinar, as we ‘pick up, dust off and apply a fresh coat of paint to’ this important topic.
During this webinar, you will learn about:
• Performance improvements baked into FileMaker 15 (and why you should have updated yesterday)
• Optimization resources available from FileMaker Inc. (and within the FileMaker Community at large)
• Practical examples of simple performance-enhancing techniques (which you can deploy in your next solution)
Who should attend this webinar?
• FileMaker Developers and Users
• FileMaker Administrators
About the Sponsor and Presenter:
This webinar is presented by Mark Richman, CEO and founder of Skeleton Key. All FM Academy members are platinum-level members of the FileMaker Business Alliance, and our purpose is to further educate FileMaker users and developers to encourage best practices and foster further adoption of the software.
PLEASE NOTE: the last slide shows incorrect information about FM Academy’s ‘next webinar’. The next webinar will be Tuesday, 9/13,16, 2pm (ET) / 1pm (CT) / 11am (PT). Topic: Add simple logging to your FileMaker App presented by AppWorks.
- FileMaker Webinar: How Metropolis Studios Implement Custom Apps in Weeks w/App Guide
- The five myths of building and creating a custom app by David Head
- App Design - Starting Out
- Second in the series of eBooks - FileMaker teaches Custom App Design 2.0
- New FileMaker Apps - help small businesses find success with apps adapted for how they operate
Latest from Keefer Rogers
- FileMaker Crosstab Reports with Demo File Download
- FmPro Script Diff 1.72 Adds FileMaker 15, PDF & Unicode Diff Features
- LaunchIt FileMaker Module for Developers to Share Files with Clients
- FileMaker integration with Zendesk by Goya's Salvatore Colangelo
- Jump Start with FileMaker Starter Solutions - uLearnIt