04-28-2017
    Local Date
    12-10-2017
    Local Time
    08:13 PM
    Last Active
    12-06-2017

Custom Menus is not shown in webdirect

I noticed webdirect don't show custom menus. I don't use buttons in layout to navigate and I rely entirely upon custom menus for navigation. What's the solution?

FileMaker Pro Software
    FileMaker 14 Server
    OS
    Windows & Mac
    Skill Level
    Developer
    Last Post
    11-16-2017
    Local Date
    12-10-2017
    Local Time
    Last Active
    12-08-2017
    Nextgen...you need pay attention to the type ahead feature when asking for advice as your question may already be answered...even though this thread is somewhat old it will answer your question.

Forum Member
    FileMaker Pro Software
    FileMaker 14 Advanced
    OS
    Mac
    Skill Level
    Novice
    Last Post
    04-28-2017
    Local Date
    12-10-2017
    Local Time
    Last Active
    12-06-2017
    That thread is addressing security issues and my issue is to show custom menus in webdirect. I don't think it answers my question well. Also, I did some good search before asking this question because I didn't yet see any satisfactory solution.

Senior Moderator - FMT Preferred Developer Consultant - New York - Worldwide AHunter3's Avatar
    FileMaker Pro Software
    FileMaker Advanced/Developer 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9. 8.8, 8, 7, 6, 5.5 FileMaker Pro 8, 7, 6, 5.5, 5
    OS
    Windows & Mac
    Skill Level
    Developer
    Last Post
    12-10-2017
    Local Date
    12-10-2017
    Local Time
    09:13 PM
    Last Active
    12-11-2017
    I don't know why your solution doesn't show Custom Menus, but what I noticed (during the described process in the thread that Ross linked to *) was that custom menus do not appear right away — the orthodox normal menus are active when you first land and it takes WebDirect awhile to get its act together and invoke the custom menus.

Hmm... I was using the script command Install Menu Set rather than relying on the Layout Setup preference for the custom menu set. Try that —*in your navigation script (or in a triggered onLayoutLoad script if you aren't using a navigation script to get to your first layout) insert the script command Install Menu Set and specify your custom menu.

But also don't check immediately after you land on the layout and assume that if you don't see the custom menu commands, it isn't working. Give it an additional beat or two to catch up.

* You are correct in saying that the thread had no direct bearing on what you were asking about. I was using Install Menu Set to impose a custom menu consisting of NO MENUS WHATSOEVER in order to undo WebDirect's inclusion of standard menus, which was something we didn't have to concern ourselves with under IWP. It's only coincidental that wrestling with that may have some relevance to your situation.

Forum Member
    FileMaker Pro Software
    FileMaker 14 Advanced
    OS
    Mac
    Skill Level
    Novice
    Last Post
    04-28-2017
    Local Date
    12-10-2017
    Local Time
    Last Active
    12-06-2017
    I tried by having a script on the trigger onLayoutEnter but install menu set didn't work.

I also tried by specifying menu set in layout's preference but that didn't work either. I'm using filemaker 14.

Thread Information