11-01-2017
    Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time
    05:31 AM
    Last Active
    11-01-2017

Printing to two different printers with one script failing

I am using FM 15 advance. I have a printer server (robot) set to print to two different printers. One printer is an Epson receipt printer the other is a Brother QL 810W label printer. The script only sends to one of two layouts. One layout only prints to the Epson printer, the other only to the Brother printer. The script has a print setup script step prior to the print script step that sets the printer accordingly. The print step then also has the matching printer to print to. The printing was working on each printer fine one day. The following day it was not. The print setup step would change between printers sending the wrong information to the wrong printer. I set the print setup step to dialog on so I could verify what printer was selected. I even used the debugger tool and physically watched the printer change from the one to the other printer in the print setup script step. I host this database on a server from fmphost. My printer server is a Win7 machine. I have also tested this by connecting to the database locally on my win 7 machine. Same messed up results on both hosting situations. I know through other searches that printing is not always pleasant in FM, but I have used this script on other projects before and it works great. The difference is that on my other project that printed to two printers, both printers were Epson receipt printers, so I may not have noticed the print set up step changing since the properties are the same. It always printed to the right printer. Any thoughts/ suggestions?

Forum Member
    FileMaker Pro Software
    OS
    Windows
    Skill Level
    Intermediate
    Last Post
    11-01-2017
    Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time
    05:31 AM
    Last Active
    11-01-2017

Problem Solved

I did not realize it but I had both printer set to the same ip address and that certainly put everything out of wack! Sorry for the post

Thread Information